LAST UPDATED: April 21, 2021
Our Information Collection
Through your use of Facedrive Services we may collect information, including personal information ("PI"). PI is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. PI may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, home or business address, email address, and telephone number.
We collect the following types of information:
Information Provided by You
We collect information, including PI, from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you sign up for an account to use our Facedrive Services. That information may include your email address, name, ZIP code, and/or in-app username or other account identifier you choose to use on our Facedrive Services, and any contact information you provide.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use Facedrive Services:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of Facedrive Services, such as the frequency of use and actions you take while using Facedrive Services, or purchases or other transactions made through Facedrive Services.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP address. We may also collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes. We may also access functions on your mobile device for the operation of our Facedrive Services, which can include: telephone, camera, browser, third-party apps, fingerprinting, or GPS.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
"Cookies" are small text files that are stored within your mobile deviceâ€™s memory by a mobile app. Some mobile devices may allow you to modify how cookies are stored through the device settings. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use Facedrive Services, but you may not have access to some of the Servicesâ€™ functions and your ability to use some areas of our app may be limited.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your PI. For example, we may aggregate PI to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
Some content or applications accessible through Facedrive Services may be provided by third parties, including but not limited to advertisers and analytics providers. We may collect or obtain your information from service providers and combine information from one source with information, including PI, from other sources. Third-party service providers may collect information about how you use the Facedrive Services over time and combine it with similar information from other services and companies. Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our Services to measure the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Facedrive Services may allow you to link your Facedrive account(s) to other websites or services. In such instances, we will collect from those account operators the information you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your accounts to be linked. For example, the Facedrive Services may allow you the option to log in to the Facedrive Services using your Facebook account credentials. If you enable that permission, the authentication of your account credentials is handled by Facebook, and we collect information about your Facebook account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Facedrive account to be linked to your Facebook account.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the information (including PI) that we collect in the following ways:
- For the Purpose for Which We Collect It: We use your information for the purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide the information. For example, we may ask you to answer questions about your house, your household, and the energy you consume in order to measure and tell you about your carbon footprint and things you can do to try to reduce your energy consumption.
- Communicate: We use your information to communicate with you about Facedrive Services. We may also use your information to send you account updates or other communications regarding your mobile application account, to inform you of any changes to our Services, or to send you information, recommendations and promotions that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Advertising: We may use your information to serve you with relevant advertisements, including ads from third parties offering products or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Customer Support: We may use your information to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need certain information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about Facedrive Services.
- To Improve Our Services: We may use your information for statistical analyses, generating surveys, and doing market research in order to improve our Services. We may use information collected to personalize your experience with our Services.
- Mobile Application Maintenance: We use your information to analyze how our users interact with our mobile applications in order to maintain and improve Facedrive Services. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Services.
- With Your Consent: We may use information we collect for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
- Legitimate Business Purpose. We may use your information for any other business purpose we deem legitimate, as permitted by applicable law.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION (INCLUDING PI UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) WITH THIRD PARTIES, AS DESCRIBED BELOW:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Facedrive Services functions, process your data, and understand your use of our Services.
- Affiliates and Franchisees: We may share information with a parent company, franchisees, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your information for a specific purpose. If you provide consent, we may share the information for such purposes.
- De-Identified Data: At our discretion, we may share with third partiesâ€”including advertisersâ€”information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user through de-identification or aggregation. We do not limit our third-party service providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing such de-identified information. We do not actively share PI that directly identifies you with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
- Legitimate Business Purposes. We may share your information for any other business purpose we deem legitimate, as permitted by applicable law.
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should exercise discretion in what information you send to us by email or through Facedrive Services.
Our servers are located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be transferred to or stored or processed in the United States, whose data protection, privacy, and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information.
By using the Services you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
The Facedrive Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect PI from children under 13 years of age, nor will we knowingly allow children under 13 years of age to use Facedrive Services without the consent of a childâ€™s parent or guardian. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information, we will take immediate steps to delete it.
In some cases, Facedrive Services may include links to other websites or third-party applications that we think may be useful or of interest to you. Links to other websites or services do not constitute or imply endorsement by Facedrive. Such third-party websites or services may have terms and conditions and privacy policies that differ from that of Facedrive, and may provide less security than that of our Services. Please review the third-party terms and/or policies before providing PI. We do not assume responsibility for the actions of other parties.
Your Choices About Your Information
- Information shared through apps: If you have shared information with other users through Facedrive Services, you can choose at any time to delete your account to stop such sharing.
- Choices about third-party tracking: You can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative's website at https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices from your mobile device. On your mobile device you may also select "Limit Ad Tracking" (on iOS devices) or "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" (on Android). Even if you disable tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, though such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences.
- Emails: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (for example, changes/updates to features of the Services, and technical and security notices). Unsubscribing or opting out of communications with us will not stop communications you receive from third parties separately. Please review their terms and conditions for relevant options for opting out of their communications.