Average American’s house CO2 footprint based on the square footage:
- Shared living facilities emit about 3 metric tons of CO2 per year per person;
- An apartment of up to 1000 sq. ft. emits about 6 metric tons of CO2 per year;
- A small house of up to 1500 sq. ft. emits about 9 metric tons of CO2 per year;
- Medium House of up to 2500 sq. ft. emits about 12 metric tons of CO2 per year;
- Large House of up to 4000 sq. ft, emits about 18 metric tons of CO2 per year.
This offset balances out the emissions generated by average American homes' energy consumption. By purchasing this offset, you will support sustainable projects around the US that preserve forests, generate wind energy, turn waste into power, and enhance energy efficiency in schools.
Take responsibility for your carbon footprint and offset complete CO2 emission of your household by the square footage of your home!
This offset supports projects that have been vetted by the American Carbon Registry, Verified Carbon Standard, and the Climate Action Reserve.
Inspired to do more?
Build simple and easy eco-friendly habits with the EcoCRED app and make necessary changes in your lifestyle for a greener living.
Download the EcoCRED app and join over 60K users in the fight against climate change!
So far, the EcoCRED app community has reduced over 4 million lbs of CO2, and we won’t stop there. Help us make a difference!